In today’s world of electronics manufacturing, it’s all about using surface mount technology. Not only are these devices safer and easier to produce than their leaded predecessors, they also perform better—as long as they are created under the right conditions. That’s where nitrogen gas from On Site Gas Systems comes in.
Why Nitrogen Gas for Electronics Manufacturing?
It’s no secret that the manufacturing of electronics is complex, and the process requires precision—there is no room for error. Nitrogen gas works to ensure this perfection is achieved in three ways:
- Maintains the Ideal Atmosphere – Electronics manufacturing calls for a very specific temperature and environment to work successfully. With nitrogen gas, both can be achieved and sustained throughout the entire workday.
- Produces Crisper Results – Pure nitrogen gas is also required in electronics manufacturing to ensure sharp finishes. It cuts down on the amount of dross that is formed in the soldering process, while also reducing surface tension to allow the solder to cleanly break away.
- Prevents Oxidation – In convection reflow and selective soldering, nitrogen gas is crucial in order to eliminate the oxygen from the air, otherwise oxidation can occur, which weakens the solder. With nitrogen gas, the amount of oxygen is greatly reduced so the integrity of the solder can remain intact.
Why an On-site Nitrogen Generator?
The need for nitrogen gas in electronics manufacturing is clear, and when you break it down, so is the need for an on-site nitrogen generator from On Site Gas Systems. Here’s why:
- Eliminates Dependency – When electronics manufacturers need nitrogen gas, they oftentimes rely on the delivery of nitrogen gas However, this causes them to be dependent on someone else for their supply, and it usually requires a contract. With an on-site nitrogen generator from On Site Gas Systems, electronics manufacturing companies are able to produce their own nitrogen gas supply. This means they will always have it available when they need it and they don’t have to worry about the logistics of getting nitrogen gas cylinders delivered.
- Reduces Expenses – It is true that there is an upfront cost to get an on-site nitrogen generator from On Site Gas Systems, but even the Surface Mount Technology Association believes that it is well worth it. Since the nitrogen gas improves the quality of the electronics manufacturing tenfold, there are fewer repairs needed. You can further increase your saving by generating your Nitrogen On Site and On Demand. After a short time, the on-site nitrogen generator will pay for itself by greatly reducing the amount spent for your nitrogen needs.
An on-site nitrogen generator from On Site Gas Systems is ideal for use in electronics manufacturing. Not only does it improve the quality of the product and the efficiency of the facility, it also eliminates the need for nitrogen gas deliveries.
If you are ready to experience the ease of use and cost savings an on-site nitrogen generator can provide, contact On Site Gas Systems today.