Lasers are used in many diverse applications, and they aid in the production of everything from cut sheet metal to computer chips. Lasers are essentially extremely intense beams of radiation and they can be refined and guided to help companies perform sharp, precise cuts on a variety of materials. Lasers allow manufacturers to produce more products in less time with a high accuracy rate, and they are in high demand.
How Nitrogen Gas Assists with Laser Cutting
While lasers can transform the way a company does business, they also require extreme precision to be effective. That’s where nitrogen gas comes in. High-purity nitrogen gas (99.99% for most applications) is commonly used in these two ways:
- It Clears Oxygen from the Cutting Zone– Oxygen is the enemy of most materials, especially metals and electronics. If it comes into contact with the item being cut, it can cause oxidation and discoloration, which results in an inferior product. Nitrogen gas is used to displace the oxygen and keep the work area free from the risks it brings.
- It Ensures a Clean Beam Path and Optics Head – Nitrogen isn’t only good for displacing oxygen. At a high enough pressure, it can remove any type of particulate from the surface it touches. As such, it is used in laser cutting to clear the beam path from any substances that may cause laser distortion. It is also used to remove any moisture or particulate from the optics head.
Nitrogen Gas Benefits Laser Cutting in Many Ways
When incorporated into the laser cutting process as mentioned above, nitrogen gas provides manufacturers with the following benefits:
- Allows for stronger paint adhesion
- Protects the delicate parts of the laser
- Makes sure the cutting zone is clean from any dross or molten metal
- Minimizes laser distortion
- Ensures a better-quality end product
On Site Gas Provides Nitrogen Generation for Laser Cutting
Manufacturers who use laser cutting rely on nitrogen gas for a smooth, efficient production process and a high-quality finished product, so they can’t afford to be without it. With on site nitrogen generation provided by On Site Gas, manufacturers no longer have to worry about running out of the nitrogen gas they rely on for production. Instead, they can create their own on-demand nitrogen gas and always have the supply they need. Not only that, but with on site nitrogen gas, they can eliminate all of the hassle and repeated expenses associated with nitrogen cylinders.
When it comes to laser cutting, precision is everything. With an on site nitrogen generator, manufacturers can be sure they always have the nitrogen necessary to maintain flawless end results. To learn more about how on site nitrogen generation can benefit your manufacturing company, contact us today.