With National Dog Day right around the corner (August 26th), there is no better time than now to discuss why veterinarians need an onsite oxygen generation system. A 95% pure oxygen gas is used on animals both during and after any type of surgical procedure. It helps to keep the animal stable until they can effectively breathe for themselves. In a typical situation, the on site oxygen generator is installed outside of the vet clinic or hospital, with feed lines going in to each of the operating rooms, so it does not take up the minimal space in most surgery rooms. On site oxygen generation can be used effectively for both large and small veterinary clinics.
Why On Site Oxygen for Vets
Just like other medical facilities, veterinarians need to be able to rely on their oxygen supply. It is impossible to predict how much oxygen will be required, and if the supply runs out, the pets’ lives are at risk. As such, it is evident why many vet clinics make the switch from oxygen cylinders to on site oxygen generation.
- By producing their own oxygen, the veterinarian never has to worry about running out.
- It is way more convenient to simply set up the oxygen generator and forget about it than it is to monitor oxygen tank levels and arrange for pick-ups and deliveries.
- Over time, on site oxygen generation is also much more cost effective, as it only has to be paid for upfront, and has minimal maintenance fees over time. There are no recurring charges to deal with, other than minimal routine maintenance costs.
On Site Oxygen Options for Vets
At On Site Gas Systems, we carry all types oxygen generators for any application. This includes:
- Customized oxygen generation designed for the specific needs of the vet.
- Filling stations that can be used at either 93%, 95%, or 99% purity, allowing the vet to fill their own cylinders as needed for a fraction of the cost.
No matter how much oxygen gas a veterinarian requires, they can depend on our on site oxygen generation to provide it. For over 25 years, On Site Gas Systems has been engineering custom and off-the-shelf oxygen generation solutions for veterinarians in both rural and urban areas. To learn more about how on site oxygen for vets can benefit you, contact us today, and always have the oxygen you need no matter what animal emergency comes your way.