Does your brewery or winery still use delivered nitrogen cylinders for pressurizing and preserving your spirits? If so, you could be spending unnecessary money. At On Site Gas, we sell permanent and portable PSA and nitrogen membrane generators that can save you money and enhance your business operations.
Types of Nitrogen Generators for Breweries and Wineries
Nitrogen generators work by separating and removing oxygen from the air so only the nitrogen is left. The nitrogen is then stored in a tank to be used in the beer and winemaking process. There are several types of nitrogen generators available for use in wineries and breweries, including:
- PSA Nitrogen Generators – These systems offer stable gas costs, low energy usage, and high purity (up to 99.999 percent).
- Membrane Nitrogen Generators – A membrane system may be a perfect solution if higher purity is not required.
- Engineered Nitrogen Generator Systems – These generators can be completely customized for your brewery or winery.
- Nitro Blast Generator – This type of generator is great for beverage tap systems, including beer dispensing.
Benefits of Nitrogen Generators for Breweries
A generator can save you anywhere from 40 to 75 percent on your nitrogen costs and provide you with a reliable source that will never run out or leak. Beyond saving you money, nitrogen generators offer a myriad of benefits for breweries. These are just some of the ways a generator can improve your operations:
- Can be used in conjunction with carbon dioxide
- Helps pressurize kegs
- Helps prevent spoilage
- Can purge tanks between batches
- Creates a more consistent product
- Improves color, flavor, and carbonization
Benefits of Nitrogen Generators for Wineries
Nitrogen gas is used to displace oxygen during the winemaking process in order to preserve flavor and prevent spoilage due to contamination. Wineries typically use nitrogen for flushing, sparging, blanketing, and bottling. Flushing is needed during the transfer stages in order to purge pumps, hoses, and transfer containers. During the fermentation stage, nitrogen is added as tiny gas bubbles to remove oxygen – a method known as sparging. Blanketing is the process of pushing nitrogen through bottles, barrels, and tanks in order to remove oxygen prior to storing the wine.
It is estimated that wineries can save between 40 and 80 percent on nitrogen costs when they choose to install a generator versus renting cylinders. Not to mention, you’ll be improving your winery’s environmental friendliness.
Here are just a few more of the many benefits of nitrogen generators for wineries:
- Improve your ROI and profit margin
- Never run out of nitrogen
- Prevent nitrogen leakage, which is common in cylinders
- Reduce wasted wine due to spoilage
Enhance Your Brewing and Winemaking Operation with On Site Gas
On Site Gas has been manufacturing high-quality nitrogen and oxygen equipment for over 30 years. To learn more about our nitrogen generators for breweries and wineries, or to order your PSA, membrane, or custom nitrogen generator, contact us today.