Our on site nitrogen and oxygen generators are simple to use and don’t require much upkeep. However, just like most things you use on a regular basis, annual maintenance is strongly recommended. Here is a look at what questions you should ask yourself to see if it is time for maintenance on your oxygen or nitrogen generator, as well as an overview of why this maintenance is so important.
Questions to Ask
If you are unsure if your nitrogen or oxygen generator is in need of maintenance, you simply need to ask yourself these seven questions. If you answer yes to any of them, maintenance is very strongly recommended.
- Does the HMI show any maintenance messages? This is a clear indicator it is time to have your oxygen or nitrogen generator looked at.
- Has it been more than 5,000 hours since the last maintenance service was performed? If so, it is a good idea to have it checked again.
- Can you see any water or oil within the filter housings? This should not be present and should be looked at.
- Do you hear any abnormal sounds or notice any unusual processes as your nitrogen or oxygen generator is working? It is always better to have them checked and have them be nothing than to ignore them and have them lead to serious damage.
- Is your purity level the same as it was when you first received the oxygen or nitrogen generator? If it has changed, schedule maintenance ASAP.
- Have you changed the filters recently? They should be replaced on a regular basis depending on how often you use the generator and the type of filters the system uses. Particle filters usually need to be changed every three months, while coalescing filters should be changed every six months, and carbon filters need to be replaced once per year.
- Does your system have a T70X-V or an N-1100 sensor? If so, when was the last time it was changed? If it has been more than a year, it should be replaced now.
Why Maintenance Is Crucial
Even though maintenance to your nitrogen or oxygen generator may seem burdensome or unnecessary, trust us; you will be glad you took the time to do it. Regular maintenance will help catch small issues before they become major ones. It will extend the life of your nitrogen or oxygen generator, and it will make sure your equipment is operating at its best.
If you don’t want to have to think about maintenance for your oxygen or nitrogen generator, you can take advantage of our Annual Maintenance Program kits. Each one includes the filters and the elements that need to be replaced on your specific equipment each year. If you have any questions about the maintenance schedule on your nitrogen or oxygen generator, or you would like to purchase an Annual Maintenance Program kit, contact us today.